Bookmark Us | Already started? Sign in

Friday 2 May 2008

Creative Marketing?

Speaking to some friends recently I was advised that blogging with a glass of wine might not be a bad idea. I'm not sure if this means my blogging is really bad when I'm sober or whether it might just need to be more relaxed generally. I'm sure I've said before that blogging doesn't come naturally to most marketers - we're far too used to writing perfect copy, proof-reading it and getting everything "signed off". Doing it in this easy way just feels dangerous!

Simon, our website developer, finds my blogging frustration particularly amusing - "don't worry" he says, "you'll find your mojo". I'm still not sure what a mojo is or where I'll find it, but clearly he wants me to chill out too.

So I started thinking (in a very long winded way, sorry) that taking a different approach is also good for our marketing. I've just written an article for our monthly newsletter on money saving tips for marketing and the message is the same - start being a bit more creative and you'll be amazed at what you can do. We particularly like the simple ones such as changing the shape of your sales literature or sticking your website address on a big poster in the back window of your car - very simple but quite effective.

So my next blog will be with wine (I promise Simon) and the next time Fay and I meet to discuss our business - we're doing it in the pub!

You can get a copy of our newsletter (Wiz e-articles) by signing up on our home page.

Cheers...

Karen McNulty

No comments:


 


INTERNATIONAL SITES: united kingdon usa

contact us | other stuff | privacy policy | site map